2019 BMW 8 Series
Bayerische Motoren Werke. Bavarian Motor Works. BMW. Has any acronym every elicited as much excitement? Visions of grace? Of luxury? Of speed, style, accomplishment, arrival? No three letters when assembled evoke a sense of excellence and aspiration like BMW. And as the automotive industry evolves, as it searches to find its place in an ever-changing global landscape, the German automotive manufacturer maintains a unique place among its rivals: imagesetter, pacesetter, trendsetter. Few other companies encourage us to ask the eternal question: What’s next? The 2019 BMW 8 Series.
The realization of the BMW 8 Series is nearly beyond words, but the manufacturer itself comes close: “There’s inspired. There’s elite. And then there’s the All-New 8 Series. A supremely powerful, seductive coupe that’s crafted to elevate every sense beyond simple satisfaction and into euphoria.” To rewrite the prose born of a grand tourer that itself defines reinvention is itself born of folly. The first generation of the BMW 8 Series went offline in the 1990s. But with all great things, we reach into our past for inspiration, and so the 8 Series was reborn for a second generation, for a new generation. And to see it up close, to drive it, to experience it, is to live within the evolution of a model, to live the journey of ingenuity. BMW itself warns prospective drivers of this promise: “The All-New 8 Series is no mere evolution. This compelling combination of power, intelligence and beauty is expressed in a bold design that will engage the senses like you’ve never experienced before.”
Two engines will be available for the discerning BMW aficionado: an 840d and a M850i, both boasting BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system and an eight-speed ‘Steptronic’ automatic gearbox, a 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 offering 0-60mph in either 4.9 or 3.7 seconds, or a quarter of the time it took to read this sentence, or about as quickly as the return of the 8 Series went from the concept revealed at the 2017 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este automotive showcase, to your driveway in 2019.
10 Key Facts
1. The BMW 850i xDrive fully unleashes the race car genes of the BMW 8 Series Coupe, with a 4.4 Litre Twin Power Turbo V8 engine Producing 523 Horsepower & 553 lb.-ft. of Torque.
2. 8 Speed Steptronic Sport Transmission with wider gear ratios and optimized hydraulics for sharper gear shifts.
3. xDrive AWD System with fully variable torque distribution, capable of delivering 100% of available torque to the rear wheels.
4. 0-60 MPH in 3.6 Seconds with available Launch Control system.
5. Adaptive M Suspension standard on all 8 Series Coupe models.
6. 20 Inch Light alloy M Wheels with large 19 Inch M-Sport Braking system (4 Piston front/Single piston rear)
7. Full LED headlight system with BMW Laserlight Technology.
8. Enrich the appearance of the new BMW 8 Series with BMW Individual exclusive paint finishes, Merino leather fittings and fine wood trim options.
9. The BMW Live Cockpit Professional with navigation function includes a high quality display network, consisting of a high resolution 10.25” Info Display that can be operated by touch, and a fully digital 12.3” instrument cluster.
10. The pioneering iDrive 7 system makes navigating and interacting with the 8 Series’ communication features easier and more individual than ever before.
For more information, or to schedule
a private test drive, contact
2454 South Service Road W., Oakville
(905) 845-3577 • buddsbmw.com