It’s not about size. An SUV, no matter the specs, needs not just promise bulk or capacity. An SUV needs to inform and enrich the lives of its drivers, the days of its passengers. It’s about contribution and affectation over convenience and affluence. It’s about a different way of life, it’s about a different way of seeing the road, it’s about of different way of getting from here—to where.
It’s about life, intensified.
The Porsche Macan is a different kind of SUV. It was built within the Porsche philosophy, and within its traditions, automobiles born on the track but living in the streets. It pays homage to the 918 Spyder. It’s part sports car, part beast. It is the perfect marriage of style and utility. It is practical but not at the expense of beauty or performance. Porsche’s engineers had one goal in mind for the Macan: the first sports car compact SUV. Is there anyone other than Porsche you would trust with this ambition?
The result is the new benchmark achievement in the compact SUV market, the accomplishment that all others will need to aspire to. It is built for life, but a life that looks for more, that sees further down the road, that wants more than a ride. It is sport and utility, pragmatism and perfection, style and substance. It’s the SUV you’ve been dreaming of your whole life.
But how is that dream realized? How does concept become reality? Optional automatic climate control, lane departure warning, reversing camera, and Porsche Communication Management for audio, Bluetooth and navigation needs promise safety, comfort, and style. The Macan’s powerful 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine promises 252 hp that will take you from 0 to 100 km/hr in 6.7 seconds, assisted by 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung transmission and direct fuel injection, delivering peerless power and efficiency. But this is not a coupe, despite what those specs suggest. And it’s not a sports car with great carrying capacity. Its SUV pedigree is defined by the Porsche Traction Management active all-wheel drive system, Porsche Stability Management, and 18-inch Macan wheels and black brake calipers.
Some automobiles promise that their car can take you where you want to go. The Porsche Macan actually gets you there.
• Powerful 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 252 hp
• 0-100 kph in 6.7 seconds and a top track speed of 229 kph
• 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission with coasting mode
• Direct Fuel Injection (DFI), delivering greater power output at the same time as enhanced engine efficiency
• Porsche Traction Management (PTM) active all-wheel drive system
• Porsche Stability Management (PSM) helps to ensure stability at the limits of sporty performance
• 18-inch Macan wheels and black brake calipers
• Multifunction sports steering wheel with gearshift paddles
• New version of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) for audio, phone, and navigation functions
• Standard lane departure warning, ParkAssist, reversing camera, and optional surround review
For more information, or to schedule a private test drive, contact:
Porsche Centre Oakville: 1.855.979.9864 | porschecentreoakville.com | 2250 South Service Road W, Oakville