LOW BACK PAIN COMMON CAUSES
Low back pain is one of the most common conditions we see at Ace Sports Clinic, with up to 80% of adults suffering from lower back pain in their lives. The prevalence rate for children and adolescents is lower than that seen in adults but is rising.
Often, low back pain is of gradual onset, creeping in slowly, starting as occasional discomfort and eventually being a consistent uncomfortable or painful niggle. Sometimes it’s a full-blown crisis where we can barely move without intense pain in our back, hips and sometimes radiating into legs.
In all of its forms, low back pain is often multi-faceted in its origins and while it’s rare to identify only one cause, there are common culprits that we see. When one area is functioning poorly, we often find that the body compensates and shifts the blame elsewhere; meaning the source of the pain and the problem area may not be the same. This is why we can’t just look at the back when it comes to low back pain.
Here are 3 of the most common things we see which contribute to low back pain:
- Tight hip flexors
- Lazy glutes
- Poor Mobility
Any back pain is often a multi-faceted and complicated issue. Rarely is there one single cause and every person will have different needs, however, we do know that mobility in your spine and equality in your movements are two of the things which reduce the reoccurrence and incidence of low back pain.
Our Ace Certified Practitioners who are highly trained in Back Pain Relief can perform the following to help you:
- • Assessment of your back, posture, and movement to identify causative structures
- • Soft tissue treatment to muscles to relieve tension, stress and muscle spasm
- • Advanced Dry needling for pain relief and to decrease muscle tension through the elimination of any trigger points that can radiate and cause pain
- • Spinal manipulation to reduce pain, stiffness and increase your mobility
- • Identify any muscle imbalances through functional and strength testing
- • Prescribe strengthening, stretching, and mobility exercises to improve your movement and prevent recurrences
- • Collaboration of our multidisciplinary healthcare team to evaluate and improve
all aspects of your health and wellbeing
Our bodies are remarkable and when provided with the right care, exercise, and nutrition, can recover from low back pain and return to activities we love. At Ace Sports Clinic, we work as a team to improve your quality of life and restore your freedom and ability to do what you want, when you want. Trusted internationally by the world’s best athletes, we have helped many clients recover from their back pain.